by David Stockman, Lew Rockwell:
You would never know that the GOP won the last presidential election based on what emanates from the vocal chords of the Trumpian inner circle and the keyboard of its top banana. This stuff is just plain politicized economics, statist pretense and Keynesian hogwash.
The Donald’s keyboard is bad enough. Still, after a lifetime as a leveraged real estate speculator who apparently skipped Econ 101, why would he know any better?
But chief trade advisor, Peter Navarro, who supposedly has credentials, showed this weekend exactly what flavor of statist economics now reigns in the White House:
by T.R., Survival Blog:
My goal in this article is to detail how to “build the plan” versus “test the plan” for bugout, while having fun.
We regularly read SurvivalBlog and enjoy it immensely. We’ve also read and studied a lot of great books including Lights Out and Patriots. However, a few years ago we realized our learning curve was too slow for the fast-moving risk profile of a civil society becoming more frazzled (coupled with having moved to a hurricane-prone state after my husband’s retirement). We brainstormed how to compress the time required around implementing many of the great ideas from SurvivalBlog and associated books and articles.
Jeffrey Epstein used his tangled web of shell companies as a “brazen and powerful organization” to operate a sex-trafficking ring, according to three new civil lawsuits filed against his $578 million estate.
The new litigation was filed against the estate, its executors and the shell companies themselves, asking for unspecified damages for medical and psychological expenses, trauma, humiliation and other injuries suffered as recently as 2017, according to Bloomberg.
by Shawn Langolis, Market Watch:
This is insane. The Japanese are going to keep going. The Chinese print money like it’s a national pastime today. Europe is going to restart QE.’
That’s Hayman Capital Management fund manager Kyle Bass talking on CNBCTuesday about how monetary easing is catching fire around the world and will eventually bring U.S. interest rates all the way down to zero.
“We’re the only country that has an integer in front of our bond yields,” he said. “We have 90% of the world’s investment-grade debt. We actually have rule of law and we have a decent economy. All the money is going to come here.”
by Peter Koenig, Global Research:
BREXIT deadline is 31 October 2019. On 23 June 2016, the British people voted 52% against 48% to leave the European Union. In England alone, the margin was somewhat higher, 53.4% for leaving the EU, against 46.6% for staying. In the meantime we know, that this result was influenced by Cambridge Analytica, the same as the Trump Presidency was apparently helped by CA – and according to CA’s own account, more than 200 elections or referenda worldwide during the last 5 years or so were decided by CA.
by Jean Perier, New Eastern Outlook:
Over the past few years, the United States has been going beyond itself in a bid to somehow demonstrate its military prowess to the rest of the world, thus forcing a number of international players into surrendering their national interests and submitting to the American will through its never-ending saber-rattling. Washington’s demonstration of its readiness to deploy even more American troops to Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan and a great many other countries of the world to promote its policies and support its satellite-states has not just led to a massive pushback, but also sparked the desire to create a counterbalance to the existing US hegemony, shared by a great many of sovereign states across the globe.