by Sharyl Attkisson, Sharyl Attkisson:
- Members of Congress say FBI Director Christopher Wray confirmed the existence of the document but is continuing to refuse to provide it.
- Congress was alerted to the existence of the document by a whistleblower.
- Congress has subpoenaed the document, but Wray has violated the subpoena.
- Congress is threatening to hold Wray in “contempt.”
- (Nothing happened to the last administration official held in contempt.)
TRUTH LIVES on at https://sgtreport.tv/
Key members of Congress in the House and Senate are urging FBI Director Christopher Wray to turn over unclassified records “alleging a criminal scheme involving then-Vice President Joe Biden and a foreign national.”
So far, Wray has balked, in defiance of a Congressional subpoena, even though the public owns the records, and the public and Congress have the right to see them.
A whistleblower brought the existence of the documents to the attention of Congress. Rep. James Comer (R-Kentucky) and Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) issued a statement saying Wray has confirmed the documents exist and are real.
In 2012, the House voted 255-67 to hold Obama Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress for withholding documents related to the Justice Department’s Fast and Furious scandal, uncovered by my reporting at CBS News. It was the first time Congress took that action against a sitting Cabinet official.