by Gary Christenson deviantinvestor:
Harvey made landfall as a Category 4 Hurricane on August 25. The wind and flooding caused massive destruction. The news mentioned one hundred billion dollars as a preliminary estimate of the damage.
Eight days before on August 17 Harvey became a named storm. There was no apparent cause for alarm on August 17.
The New Lexus CT is Sure to Impress
Get in-depth information, including reviews, pricing, features and photos on KBB.com.
Two days later it was upgraded to a tropical depression. Harvey reached hurricane strength on August 24. Much can happen in eight days.
- August 17: Harvey is named
- August 21: Total eclipse of the sun. The path crossed the contiguous 48 states. Read “Total Eclipse of Sense.”
- August 21: President Trump announces a revised and renewed war effort in Afghanistan.
- August 25: Category 4 Harvey makes landfall, destroys buildings and dumps trillions of gallons of water on Texas. Houston, the 4th largest city in the U.S. flooded in many areas.
MUCH CAN CHANGE IN 8 DAYS!
- Are you prepared for drastic changes in your physical environment? Harvey, Katrina, Rita, and 9-11 show that our world changes, sometimes in deadly ways.
- Are you prepared financially? What will a stock or bond market crash do to your life style and retirement plans? Given their extreme valuations, a crash is possible.
- In 2008 we experienced a credit crunch, a destructive event because the economic world depends upon credit. It could happen again.
- The U.S. dollar is the world’s reserve currency. The U.S. military and the petrodollar support that status. Change is coming.
CONSIDER PAST CHANGES IN 8 DAYS
Gold Market: From January 21, 1980 to January 28, 1980, (seven days) the price of gold dropped from a high of $873 to a low of $607. Down 30%!
DOW Index: From October 12, 1987 to October 20, 1987, the DOW dropped from a high of 2,505 to a low of 1,616. Down 36%!
NASDAQ 100 Index: From March 27, 2000 to April 4, 2000, the NASDAQ 100 dropped from a high of 4,781 to a low of 3,525. Down 26%!
9-11 Attack: Three buildings collapsed at “free-fall” speeds after being hit by two airliners. An official story was created, but let’s not quibble about details. The United States was a different environment eight days after 9-11.
S&P 500 Index: From October 2, 2008 to October 10, 2008, the S&P 500 Index dropped from a high of 1,160 to a low of 840. Down 27%!
Hurricane Harvey: A category 4 hurricane was a tiny storm only eight days earlier. Houston will recover and rebuild for eight months, or perhaps eight years following the incredible flooding. Houston, you have a problem!
Yes, much can happen in only eight days.
According to Charles Hugh Smith, “Next Stop, Recession: The Financial Meteor Storm is Headed Our Way”
Read More @ https://deviantinvestor.com/9221/eight-days-to-destruction/