by janskoyles, GoldCore:
– Gold surges as N. Korea fires ballistic missile over Japan
– Safe haven buying sees gold break out to 10-month high after Jackson Hole and rising North Korea risk of attack on Guam
– South Korea’s air force dropped eight MK 84 bombs near Seoul; simulating the destruction of North Korea’s leadership
– Gold rises from $1,291 to $1,325; Silver surges 3.2% from $17.05 to $17.60
– Volatility as seen in VIX surges as stocks fall; FTSE -1.1%
– Yen rises in short term but no safe haven in long term with gold haven risen 9.8% per annum in JPY (see chart)
– Gold was moving higher after Jackson Hole and had broken through crucial $1,300/oz level
– Asian geopolitical risk allied to U.S. political instability increasing safe haven bid
– $20 trillion U.S. debt ceiling storm looms
Editor: Mark O’Byrne
This morning the price of gold has rallied to its highest point since the Trump’s election. North Korea’s firing of a missile over Northern Japan which landed in waters off Hokkaido in the Pacific, has sharply escalated tensions in the Korean peninsula and in Asia.
This latest move by Kim Jong Un was intended to show that an attack on Guam is possible at any time, according to North Korea’s Mun-hwan.
Source: Yonhap via ZeroHedge
There had previously been concern that the war of words between Trump and Kim Jon-Un would result in others getting caught in the crossfire. This was confirmed this morning when Japan was made a clear target.
“North Korea’s reckless action is an unprecedented, serious and a grave threat to our nation”
– Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe
Immediately after the missile launch was detected the Japanese government’s J-Alert system interrupted radio and TV to warn citizens of the possible missile and urged them to take refuge in solid buildings or underground shelters. Bullet train services were temporarily halted and warnings went out over loudspeakers in towns in Hokkaido.
Read More @ http://www.goldcore.com/us/gold-blog/gold-surges-2-6-jackson-hole-n-korean-missile/