by Arjun Walia, The Pulse:
- The Facts:
- GoFundMe has taken down the fundraiser for the Freedom Convoy in Ottawa.
- It raised a historical amount of money, totalling more than $9 million.
- GoFundMe says reports of violence at the site is the reason for the decision.
- Legacy media and the Canadian government are lying about the nature of this peaceful gathering.
- Below you’ll find a new donation link that has been set up by the organizers and how to request your GoFundMe money back.
- Reflect On:
- We are living in a day and age where legacy media and governments are completely lying to their citizens.
- How do we engage with and talk to those who believe the legacy media narrative that these protests are violent when it’s quite obvious to those who are there that this isn’t true?
TRUTH LIVES on at https://sgtreport.tv/
If you’d like to support the freedom convoy, you can now do so here. Give this link some time as there is obviously a lot of traffic going to the site. If you can’t access it yet, wait a few hours or perhaps until tomorrow and then try again.
The Freedom Convoy protests have raised a historical amount of funds (more than $9 million) to support the truckers who have been travelling from across Canada to peacefully protest in Ottawa. Despite this being an extremely peaceful protest, legacy media and the Canadian government have been spreading misinformation that it’s a violent, racist, extremist, and fringe demonstration.
Help: Our team is in Ottawa to continue covering the Freedom Convoy on the ground. Can you help us with travel expenses so we can cover this first hand? Be the next person to support The Pulse’s independent journalism by donating today. Click here to Donate.
The Pulse is on the scene (Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Telegram) and can tell you this is not the case. Legacy media and the Canadian government are completely lying. It appears the majority of Canadians support the cause.
As a result of these lies, GoFundMe is not releasing funds that are supposed to be going towards food, housing and fuel for the truckers.
GoFundMe supports peaceful protests and we believe that was the intention of the Freedom Convoy 2022 fundraiser when it was first created. We now have evidence from law enforcement that the previously peaceful demonstration has become an occupation, with police reports of violence and other unlawful activity….Following a review of relevant facts and multiple discussions with local law enforcement and city officials, this fundraiser is now in violation of our Terms of Service (Term 8, which prohibits the promotion of violence and harassment) and has been removed from the platform.
Organizers of the protest are currently working with lawyers from the Canadian Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms. If lawyers are unsuccessful, all remaining funds will be distributed to credible and established charities chosen by the Freedom Convoy 2022 organizers and verified by GoFundMe.
All GoFundMe donors may submit a request for a full refund until Feb 19th, 2022 using this dedicated refund form.
So, if people don’t submit a request for a full refund, they lose their money.
It’s hard to believe that there is such a large effort to shut this movement down. Facebook and Instagram have deleted multiple Freedom Convoy pages and, again, government and legacy media has been lying about the nature of these protests.