by Matt Agorist, The Free Thought Project:
The most recent data released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on the number of injuries and deaths reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) following COVID vaccines reveals there have been over 56,000 adverse events reported. Of those adverse reactions, according to the CDC, 2,794 of them are deaths.
According to the CDC, from December 14, 2020, through April 5, 2021 VAERS received 2,794 reports of death (0.00167%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine.
Before going any further, as not to set off the “fact checkers” it is important to point out that just because data is submitted to the CDC through VAERS, this does not in anyway mean that these reactions are related to the COVID-19 vaccine.
TRUTH LIVES on at https://sgtreport.tv/
“One of the main limitations of VAERS data is that it cannot determine if the vaccine caused the reported adverse event,” reads the CDC’s website. “This limitation has caused confusion in the publicly available data from VAERS WONDER, specifically regarding the number of reported deaths. There have been instances where people have misinterpreted reports of deaths following vaccination as deaths caused by the vaccines; that is not accurate.”
As there were 167 million doses of the vaccine administered during that time frame, the death rate sits at 0.00167%. These numbers indicate that the overwhelming majority of people who receive the vaccine are completely fine. But ignoring the massive uptick in reports would be irresponsible. While this percentage is certainly minuscule, these report numbers are many magnitudes larger than the adverse reactions reported in 2020 and every year before it.
The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) normally receives anywhere between 30,000 and 50,000 reports annually, with roughly 8% to 13% classified as serious (e.g., associated with disability, hospitalization, life-threatening illness or death) according to the CDC VAERS Master Search Tool.
In just the first quarter of 2021, however, the CDC has received over 56,000 adverse vaccine reaction reports on the COVID-19 vaccine alone. Again, it is important to point out that just because an adverse reaction is reported to VAERS, this does not mean it was caused by the vaccine. What’s more, the CDC reports “anyone can file a report in the system” — although filing a false VAERS report intentionally is a violation of federal law punishable by fine and imprisonment.
Is there some campaign of online trolls risking imprisonment and going into VAERS and fudging numbers in order to drastically alter the data? Maybe. More importantly, however, if they are doing this, shouldn’t it warrant an inquiry at some official capacity to dispel the half-truths online spread by people who are manipulating the data to misinform people? Unfortunately, to our knowledge, none of this is happening.
According to the CDC data, archived here at Medalerts.org, of the 2,342 deaths reported as of April 1, 28% occurred within 48 hours of vaccination, 19% occurred within 24 hours and 42% occurred in people who became ill within 48 hours of being vaccinated.
Medalerts uses the exact same raw data as the government but has an easier user interface and more powerful search capabilities. According to the most recent data:
- 19% of deaths were related to cardiac disorders.
- 55% of those who died were male, 43% were female and the remaining death reports did not include gender of the deceased.
- The average age of those who died was 77.5 and the youngest death was an 18-year-old. There are a few reported deaths in children under 18, but these reports contained errors.
- As of April 1, 379 pregnant women had reported adverse events related to COVID vaccines, including 110 reports of miscarriage or premature birth.
- Of the 620 cases of Bell’s Palsy reported, 61% of cases were reported after Pfizer-BioNTech vaccinations — almost twice as many as reported (37%) following vaccination with the Moderna vaccine. Fifteen cases (2%) of Bell’s Palsy were reported with J&J.
- There were 72 reports of Guillain-Barré Syndrome with 57% of cases attributed to Pfizer, 43% to Moderna and 6% to J&J’s COVID vaccine.
- There were 16,876 reports of anaphylaxis with 50% of cases attributed to Pfizer’s COVID vaccine, 44% to Moderna and 7% to J&J vaccine.
The sheer number of reports alone should be enough to set off some alarm bells. But this has not happened. Instead, the mainstream media “fact checks” those who merely try to point out this information.
In several “fact checks” of this data, we are told that we shouldn’t “draw conclusions about the safety of vaccines.” This is absolutely true but the very reason VAERS was created is to conduct surveillance of potential issues with vaccines. If there have been more adverse events reported in three months than there have been over any year since 1990, this should, at the very least, spark an official inquiry.