by Tim Brown, Freedom OutPost:
Twitter has proclaimed new rules governing how they will now treat world leaders’ accounts, making clear that certain content will result in “enforcement action.”
“When it comes to the actions of world leaders on Twitter, we recognize that this is largely new ground and unprecedented. We understand the desire for our decisions to be “yes/no” binaries, but it’s not that simple. The actions we take and policies we develop will set precedent around online speech and we owe it to the people we serve to be deliberate and considered in what we do.
Our mission is to provide a forum that enables people to be informed and to engage their leaders directly. We also have a responsibility to the people who use Twitter to better explain why we make the decisions we make, which we will do here. -Twitter”
But world leaders will still be afforded far greater leeway than the average person, as they state ” the accounts of world leaders are not above our policies entirely.”
The following “will result in enforcement action for any account on our service” regardless of who it is:
- Promotion of terrorism;
- Clear and direct threats of violence against an individual (context matters: as noted above, direct interactions with fellow public figures and/or commentary on political and foreign policy issues would likely not result in enforcement);
- Posting private information, such as a home address or non-public personal phone number;
- Posting or sharing intimate photos or videos of someone that were produced or distributed without their consent;
- Engaging in behaviors relating to child sexual exploitation; and
- Encouraging or promoting self-harm.
I think the lying Democrats, MSM, and CNN should all have their Twitter accounts suspended. Not President Trump.
Trump’s Twitter account should be suspended @KamalaHarris? Our own president shouldn’t have opportunity for #FreeSpeech? No. Dems are just threatened because Trump speaks directly to the people bypassing the media. #WeThePeople are tired of #FakeNewsMediahttps://t.co/BIZgUpNgeG
— 🖤❤Christine💋 (@USAloveGOD) October 2, 2019