from 21st Century Wire:
OPEN FOR BUSINESS: Donald Trump with Saudi Crown Prince Muhammed bin Salman mulling over Saudi’s MIC shopping list.
The Pentagon announced last night that it will be deploying additional US forces and military equipment to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and also to the United Arab Emirates, in order to “beef up security” in the wake of last week’s attack on the Saudi Aramco Oil production facility. President Donald Trump has at least for now decided against any immediate military strike on Iran in response to the attack on the Saudi oil industry.
Initially, this US deployment is said to be primarily to help install, improve and maintain US-made air and missile defense systems. According to statements made by US Defense Secretary Mark Esper and Gen. Joseph Dunford, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the move is the first among many possible steps planned in response to recent requests made by Saudis and Emirati officials.
Meanwhile, President Donald Trump has signaled that he will not authorize a US military strike on Iran, yet.
According to an AP report published in the Washington Post, Trump has stated that he believes showing restraint “shows far more strength” and wants to avoid an “all-out war.”
Trump is supposedly ‘leaving the door open a bit’ for a later military response. He seemed to be somewhat impressed with his new post-Bolton restraint, remarking how people thought he’d attack Iran “within two seconds,” but still assured war hawks on both sides of the aisle that he has “plenty of time.”
Talk of any new US deployment to the Arabian peninsula was already an issue last week, when US congresswoman and 2020 Presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard (D-HI) told the President that the US should not be “Saudi Arabia’s bitch.” She went on to explain why such a move would in fact be unconstitutional. Watch:
.@TulsiGabbard: “The Constitution does not give the president the power to unilaterally use our military for Saudi Arabia’s interests to go to war nor does it give him the power to do so without the express consent of Congress.” https://t.co/fNBLF2168r pic.twitter.com/ZbptJnhxgN
— HILLTV (@HillTVLive) September 19, 2019