by Jim Hoft, The Gateway Pundit:
There is something seriously wrong with the unelected bureaucrats in government.
For years the IRS blocked tax-exempt status for conservative groups.
This directly impacted the 2012 presidential election.
The IRS Conservative Targeting Scandal involved:
- Hundreds of conservative groups were targeted
- At least 5 pro-Israel groups
- Constitutional groups
- Groups that criticized Obama administration
- At least two pro-life groups
- An 83 year-old Nazi concentration camp survivor
- A 180 year-old Baptist paper
- A Texas voting-rights group
- A Hollywood conservative group was targeted and harassed
- Conservative activists and businesses
- At least one conservative Hispanic group
- IRS continued to target groups even after the scandal was exposed
- And… 100% of the 501(c)(4) Groups Audited by IRS Were Conservative
Well guys, the Satanic Temple is “pleased” to announce that the IRS has given it tax-exempt status. Yeah– it’s been identified as a “church.” (It’s just as much of a “church” as the Church of Scientology IMHO.)
The “non-theistic” Salem-Mass.-based Satanic organization said it was “pleased” Thursday to receive the tax-exempt status after years of advocating for churches to lose theirs. The temple was founded to react to and restrict Christianity in public life and claims it does not worship the devil, as depicted in the Bible, but advocates for the separation of church and state.