by BN Frank, Activist Post:
Environmentalists everywhere should be losing their planet-loving minds right now because:
- Rocket fuel is highly polluting.
- Experts have warned there’s too much space junk out there already causing dangerous conditions.
- All sources of wireless WiFi radiation are biologically and environmentally harmful.
Unfortunately, Amazon doesn’t care about any of this. Despite increasing opposition (See 1, 2, 3) and of course, widespread biological and environmental risk, the company plans to join Airbus, OneWeb, and the other businesses that have already recently sent satellites into space to blast us with WiFi and 5G.
Amazon plans to launch 3,236 satellites to build a network to provide global high-speed internet,reports GeekWire, which discovered filings with the International Telecommunications Union.
The initiative, code-named Project Kuiper, aims “to launch a constellation of low Earth orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world,” an Amazon spokesperson told GeekWire in an emailed statement.
Amazon envisions Project Kuiper serving broadband internet to millions of people around the globe who lack basic internet access.
For its part, Amazon has been dabbling in satellite. In November 2018 at its Amazon Re:invent conference, Amazon Web Services CEO Andy Jassy announced AWS Ground Station, a new service for customers to download data from satellites into AWS’ cloud infrastructure.
Other companies are also working on projects to deliver internet from space. SpaceX has launched trials for its Starlink broadband project. And OneWeb launched its first six satellites in February.
So why are you doing us this way, Amazon? Haven’t we been good to you?
For more information, visit the following websites:
- Wireless Information Network
- Americans for Responsible Technology
- Center For Electrosmog Prevention
- Ecological Options Network
- EMF Safety Network
- Environmental Health Trust
- Generation Zapped
- In Power Movement
- Physicians for Safe Technology
- Scientists for Wired Tech