by Geoffrey Grinder, Now The End Begins:
One of the most powerful men in the Roman Catholic Church, Cardinal George Pell, was found guilty of multiple historical child sex offenses at a secret trial in Melbourne in December, the existence of which can only now be revealed.
The conviction of Cardinal George Pell, Vatican treasurer and personal confidante to Pope Francis, is setting off alarm bells throughout the Catholic Church tonight. Pell is the highest-ranking Catholic official to be found guilty of homosexual child rape, and previously viewed as untouchable.
“And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.” Revelation 18:4,5 (KJV)
Pope Francis continues to avoid taking any responsibility for seemingly endless cavalcade of gay pedophile priests, bishops and cardinals. But with the conviction of his trusted advisor Pell, Francis must indeed be seeing the handwriting on the wall. Common sense would dictate that there is no way the pope could not have known the truth about Cardinal Pell, the third most powerful Catholic in the world. So what else is Francis hiding?
Vatican treasurer Cardinal George Pell found guilty of child sex charges
FROM CNN: Australian Cardinal George Pell, 77, is almost certain to face prison after a jury found him guilty of one charge of sexual penetration of a child and four charges of an indecent act with or in the presence of a child in the late 1990s.
The conviction of Pell, the Vatican treasurer and a close adviser to Pope Francis, will send shockwaves through the church, which is already reeling from accusations of sexual abuse committed by priests worldwide.
CARDINAL GEORGE PELL IS THE MOST SENIOR CATHOLIC OFFICIAL TO BE FOUND GUILTY OF CHILD SEX OFFENSES TO DATE. HIS CONVICTION BRINGS THE ESCALATING INTERNATIONAL CONTROVERSY AROUND THE ABUSE OF CHILDREN IN CATHOLIC INSTITUTIONS STRAIGHT TO THE DOORS OF THE HOLY SEE.
A court order banning media reporting of Pell’s five-week long trial, which began in November 2018, was lifted by Chief Judge Peter Kidd on Tuesday. The prosecution’s case hinged on the testimony of one man, who said Pell sexually abused him and another boy in Melbourne’s historic St. Patrick’s Cathedral after mass one Sunday.
The second victim later died from a drug overdose having never revealed the abuse to anyone. The surviving accuser can not be identified under Australian law governing sex abuse victims. In court the accuser told the jury how Pell, then Archbishop of Melbourne, discovered the two choirboys drinking wine in the priest’s sacristy, a small room at the back of the cathedral.
He claimed Pell forced one of the boys to perform oral sex on him and performed an indecent act on his friend. One month later, the victim said Pell pushed him up against a wall and groped his genitals.
Gasps were heard in court after Pell was pronounced guilty of all charges in December. READ MORE
Cardinal George Pell found guilty of sex offenses against teenage boys
An Australian court has found Cardinal George Pell guilty of child sex abuse. The crimes were committed against teenage boys while he was Archbishop of St. Patrick’s Cathedral in Melbourne. Network 10 Australia’s Emma O’Sullivan joins CBSN’s Elaine Quijano with the latest.