by Geoffrey Grinder, Now The End Begins:
Chicago law firm Sidley Austin has reportedly been hired to assist in what would be a Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing. As the organization has made decisions deemed to be more inclusive, such as allowing openly gay scouts in 2013 and scoutmasters in 2015 as well as the 2018 de
The once proud organization known as the Boy Scouts is declaring bankruptcy after severely flagging numbers due to a myriad of problems, including implementing social justice measures to make it more inclusive.
cision to allow girls, membership has continued to decline sharply, from over 4 million members at its peak to a claimed 2.3 million members at present.
I was a Cub Scout as well as a Boy Scout when I was a kid, my 4 brothers were as well. My dad was a Scout leader in Troop 38 and my mom was a Den mother. Scouting back then wasn’t perfect, but it was a firm, stable foundation teaching young boys to be strong and independent leaders. I have a lot of great memories of scouting.
“On my honor, I will do my best. To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; To help other people at all times; To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.” Boy Scouts Oath
In 2018, things have become so distorted and confused that Boy Scouts really don’t know why allowing girls to join was a bad thing. Or why allowing openly-gay people to be Scout leaders with young boys on overnight camping trips was also a bad thing. The group formally known as the Boy Scouts of America thought that making these changes would show the world how ‘woke’ and progressive they had become. Sadly, ‘woke’ has become ‘broke’ as bankruptcy proceedings in Chicago were initiated yesterday. This is what happens when you allow 3% of the population to set the agenda for the other 97% of the country.
The Boy Scouts Filing Bankruptcy After A String Of “Woke” Decisions Caused It To Go Broke
FROM RED STATE: According to the Daily Caller, the Boy Scouts changed its name to Scouts BSA and began to allow girls into their ranks. Before that, the Boy Scouts ruled that openly gay scouts and scout leaders could also join the program. This lead to a serious decline in membership and now the organization is filing Chapter 11.
The Wednesday report comes in the wake of sinking membership and multiple controversies surrounding the 108-year-old organization, including sex abuse allegations and its controversial decision to change its program name from Boy Scouts to Scouts BSA and allow girls into that program.
CHICAGO LAW FIRM SIDLEY AUSTIN HAS REPORTEDLY BEEN HIRED TO ASSIST IN WHAT WOULD BE A CHAPTER 11 BANKRUPTCY FILING. AS THE ORGANIZATION HAS MADE DECISIONS DEEMED TO BE MORE INCLUSIVE, SUCH AS ALLOWING OPENLY GAY SCOUTS IN 2013 AND SCOUTMASTERS IN 2015 AS WELL AS THE 2018 DECISION TO ALLOW GIRLS, MEMBERSHIP HAS CONTINUED TO DECLINE SHARPLY, FROM OVER 4 MILLION MEMBERS AT ITS PEAK TO A CLAIMED 2.3 MILLION MEMBERS AT PRESENT.
It’s only going to get worse as well. The Mormon Church has announced that it’s discontinuing its partnership with the Boy Scouts and will be starting up its own boy’s program in 2020, according to the Daily Caller. When that happens, the Scouts will lose a third of its membership.
Combined with the fact that it kept sexual abuse allegations secret for decades, the Scouts seems to have rotted from the inside.