by Tess Pennington, Ready Nutrition:
The 2017-2018 flu season has shown to be particularly nasty this year —in part, they believe, because of a less effective vaccine. Each month, flu case have multiplied and CDC has already warned this year’s flu will be worst than the last. To date, 23 states are showing widespread influenza levels and many believe this season could easily reach epidemic levels.
Headlines across the country are indicative of epidemic fears.
- 9 Texas schools have closed due to flu outbreaks this month
- Several Tennessee schools closed due to the flu
- Flu has sent more than three times the number of people to the hospital in Colorado than usual
- The University of Chicago hospital is even taking steps to restrict visitors. In a recent article, the hospital “will not allow children under age 12 and those with a fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose or nasal congestion will not be allowed to visit patients.
- U.S. not prepared for a flu pandemic, experts warn
- Texas flu epidemic spreading rampantly
An Ineffective Flu Shot Has Led to Health Concerns
The results of tests performed by public health laboratories, as well as the age group distribution of influenza positive tests, during the current week are summarized below.
Read More @ ReadyNutrition.com