by Mike Murphy, Market Watch:
Secretary of state says Trump ‘not seeking to go to war’
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said Sunday that the U.S. will continue to seek a diplomatic solution to the crisis with North Korea up until the end.
“Those diplomatic efforts will continue until the first bomb drops.”Rex Tillerson
Despite that ominous inference, Tillerson said Sunday in an interview with CNN: “The President has also made clear to me that he wants this solved diplomatically. . . . He is not seeking to go to war.”
Officials braced Sunday for the potential of another ballistic missile test by North Korea, as U.S. and South Korean naval and air forces gather for a five-day-long military exercise off the Korean Peninsula.
In the same interview with CNN, Tillerson again refused to say if he called Trump a “moron” during a meeting over the summer. “I’m not going to deal with that kind of petty stuff,” Tillerson said.
Tillerson also addressed comments last week by Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., who said Trump’s actions were undercutting Tillerson. “You cannot publicly castrate your own secretary of state,” Corker told the Washington Post.
“I checked,” Tillerson told CNN on Sunday. “I’m fully intact.”
Read More @ MarketWatch.com