In the Previous Three Weeks:
- Gold rose over $1,330.
- Silver reached $18.00.
- The DOW almost reached another all-time high.
- Hurricane Harvey slammed into the Texas coast, flooded Houston, and caused massive damage.
- Hurricane Irma crashed into Florida and created flooding and huge damage, although a late move west reduced potential destruction.
- China is preparing a crude oil contract that will allow oil exporters to sell their crude on a Chinese exchange and be paid in yuan, which can be sold on a Chinese exchange for gold. This could be very important for the gold market.
- The Federal Reserve met and … yada yada yada.
- North Korea and President Trump exchanged pleasantries in their great distraction game.
- Year 1913: Price of gold: $20.67 per oz. U.S. national debt $3 billion.
- Year 2017: Price of gold: $1,300 per oz. U.S. national debt $20 trillion.